Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Third Second Wind

Burning Stickman lives!

Let the rants begin once more.

So, some of you (okay, three of you) may have noticed that I have taken a long hiatus. This has been for several reasons, some good and some bad. One…I got married (great). Two…my wife got sick (bad). Three…I injured my back and had to have surgery (bad). Four…I got a new puppy (good…sometimes). Five…I got a new job for the State of Tennessee (indifferent). Six…I am sometimes lazy (good). Yet, lately I have had these itching, burning sensations (that were later cleared up with topical cream) and I realized that I had to get back to writing my blogs.

This proved to be more difficult than I expected. There is a difference between creative writing (poetry and fiction) and a personal format such as blogs and editorials because there are no barriers to hide behind. With creative writing you can use plots and characters to get your point across, but with article writing you have to use wit and intelligence to get your point across (and me having either is a widely debated subject).

So I slacked off. Yes, I am indeed a phenomenal slacker when it comes to writing (even though I chose this as my profession). Okay, maybe slacker is not the best word. Maybe…uber-procrastinator. That sounds more intelligent and witty.

SOOOOOO…I’ll see you in the next blog (I promise it will not take me over a year, John). Right now I am procrastinating at work. Ha, take that State Government!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home