Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Burning Stickman's Day Off

Man…I just checked out today.


So many people have sat across from me today with blank looks that, in order to save my own sanity, I just drained my mind of questions and worries. This transaction has given me the ability to just smile and nod my head and punch numbers on the keyboard.

I’m serious. I let my cognitive senses juts bleed out through my ears until the only thing I had in my brain for about six hours was a dancing money and calliope music. It was bliss.

The end result was that my mind, now free from the shackles of giving a crap, was able to wander the ether in search of truth and enlightenment. I found out that Wint-o-Green Lifesavers are really, really addictive and that it you eat about thirty-five of the individually wrapped ones in about five minutes that they induce an inebriated-like state much akin to being “hopped up on goof balls,” and that people spent less time in my cubicle due to the overwhelming mint smell and the glassy-eyed behemoth crunching happily on candy and humming “Iko Iko” to himself.

I also stared in my own movie in my mind, complete with a chorus line and a big dance number at the end, while transients came and went from my cubicle complaining about their inability to find a job with no high school degree and a felony on their record. I now know how Farris Bueller felt as he pretended to be Abe Froman and escaped for a little while from the trials of life.

And in keeping with the spirit of the day…no great epiphany and no witty ending to this blog. Just imagine a dancing monkey with a little hat. It worked for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home