Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Got a Little Stickman in Ya?


Sometimes I get the urge to drink on the job. Maybe it’s the sense of defiance that comes from knowing that you are going against all social norms. Maybe it’s the sense of freedom that might come from knowing that no one can tell you what to do. Maybe it’s the unabashed feeling that you get from driving a rental car into a lake and laughing as it sinks to the murky depths. Maybe it’s the wantonness that comes from going up to a random lady and asking her if she’s got a little Captain in her, and then asking if she would like some.

Alas, all these are outweighed by the sense of confusion that might come from not remembering how you ended up on a side street in St. Louis with no clothes, a wad of cash, a half empty tube of Astro Glide, and a throbbing in your poo chute.

Yea…that’s never good. I’ll just wait till I get home.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell yourself it's the wantonness. It doesn't make the throbbing go away, but maybe you won't wake up screaming after a few months.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What I wanta know is what's in St. Louis? I never want to drink on the job, go postal yes but never drink. I work in a control room where if I screw up, things go boom. Which wouldn't bother me near as much if my station was next to the thing that explodes. I may be homicidal, but never suicidial.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Just walk it off.

2:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WALK IT OFF? TRY RUNNING THE OTHER WAY BEFORE YOU HIT ST.LOUIS. WAS THIS ANOTHER DREAM?
JOHN

5:55 AM  
Blogger Burning Stickman said...

Drinking on the job would be going postal for me. I drive cars around all day...so if I tip the bottle then there's a good chance I will wreck at some point in the day.

I'd never drink on the job. It would not give me enough satisfaction and the stupid people would still be out there.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Buffy said...

Drive many rental cars do ya?

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home