Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Remembering The Good Old Days...


I’ve been feeling nostalgic today. Thinking back on the good old days when Ug was just starting to make headway on the “wheel,” and my biggest worry was making it the whole day without stepping in diplodocus poo. Crap! I went too far back in the Wayback Machine. Fast forward.

I was reminiscing with Justin today about gas prices and how we used to remember the good old days when we could actually afford to fill up the tank without taking out a loan and promising our first born children to Exxon.

Me: I remember when gas was only a buck.
Justin: Shit, I remember when it was like ninety-six cents.
Me: Yeah. When I was delivering pizzas I could fill-up, buy a pack of smokes and a drink and still be under twenty bucks.
Justin: I remember when I could fill up my gas can for my lawn mower for under $5.
Me: I remember when we didn’t even need gas. We just walked to school. Uphill. Both ways.
(Symbolic pause to gather our thoughts)
Me: We’re getting old aren’t we.
Justin: Speak for yourself gramps, I’m younger than you.

So it went. I found myself yearning for the days when Transformers where cool and I could use my money for comic books instead of paying Visa my left nut and giving my right nut to my school loans (thus leaving me sterile and weeping every month). With the recent rise in gas prices my list of reasons for purchasing a motorcycle is getting bigger every day.

1)Cheaper on gas.
2)80% of people who ride motorcycles regularly are less likely to get therapy later in life. (This is important due to the fact that I’m one talk with my Area Manager away from losing grip on reality and retreating into Stickmanland)
3)They are cool.
4)I need to find some way to combat the feeling that I am getting old. One of these days I’m gonna find myself complaining about gas prices and “remembering the good old days”...aw, crap.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You left out one!
5. Women go for the bad boy image that a motorcycle brings. Think James Dean here, not Hell's Angels.

Plus~~~~taking a female on a bike ride is like foreplay. Think "Good Vibrations" 8-}

Just get a real bike, not one of those crotch rockets. Those suck at riding your Honey around.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Burning Stickman said...

How could I be so stupid! Chick magnet!

Don't worry, if I get one it'll be at least 1500cc and you can lean back on it. Those crotch rockets just don't get the job done when you want to take a lady for a ride. (wink, wink. Nudge, nudge. Say no more.)

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home